Cabbagetown Women’s Clinic, a Toronto abortion clinic, established in 1989, was among the first abortion clinics in Ontario to provide medical services to women seeking a legal and safe and abortion. The Cabbagetown Women’s Clinic is licensed as an Independent Health Facility (IHF) funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. It is also a registered member of the National Abortion Federation (NAF).
All abortion services are provided under the guidance and oversight of the clinic’s Medical Director, Dr. M. Buruiana. Dr. Buruiana has been performing therapeutic abortions for over 25 years. His knowledge and expertise in this field render him highly regarded by his peers. Dr. Buruiana is committed to ensuring that women receive the highest quality of care at Cabbagetown Women’s Clinic. The clinic has an outstanding reputation based on its high standards of patient care.
Cabbagetown Women’s Clinic offers women:
- Medical Abortion pill prescriptions are now available.
- Both first trimester (5-12 weeks gestation) and second trimester (13-24 weeks gestation) therapeutic abortion procedures.
- 100% coverage with valid Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).
- Therapeutic abortion services at a reasonable fee for Out-of-Province patients. Fees may be reimbursable in part or in full by the patient’s provincial health insurance plan. Out-of-Country patients may also be reimbursed by their own private health insurance. Patients covered by University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP), Interim Federal Health Plan (IFHP) or private insurance may have the fees reimbursed in part or in full by their relevant Plans. (Please check with your insurance provider).
- Pre-abortion counseling, ultrasound and other medical assistance.
- Post-abortion family planning, such as different methods of birth control, IUD insertion and post-op follow-up care.
- An ‘at home’ setting that provides a more intimate, comfortable and friendly atmosphere. A knowledgeable, caring and supportive staff is on hand at all times.
- Services in a number of languages: English, French, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Filipino.
- Toll-free telephone services in several parts of Ontario. The clinic also accepts collect telephone calls from persons who cannot access the toll-free services.
- Routine, no-charge STD testing and on-site treatment.
Procedure is completely covered by Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).
Patients who are not Ontario residents, please call the clinic for appropriate fees.
Cabbagetown Women’s Clinic provides FREE abortion services for up to 24 weeks with OHIP coverage.
Abortion Clinics In Toronto, Cabbagetown Women’s Clinic